0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Back 4 Blood
Back 4 Blood is a thrilling cooperative first-person shooter from the creators of the critically acclaimed Left 4 Dead franchise. Experience the intense 4 player co-op narrative campaign, competitive multiplayer as human or Ridden, and frenetic gameplay that keeps you in the action.
Players: 4+
Co-op: Yes
Genre: Action, Horror, Shooter
Released:
Publisher: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

Trailer
Game information provided by TheGamesDB

David76

7 Jun 2020
Today 10:32 PM

Last edited:
Back 4 Blood looks to be giving its heroes a lot of character, and unique abilities.

Although it is a four-player co-op game, inspired by Turtle Rock’s earlier work on Left 4 Dead, Back 4 Blood‘s cast of playable heroes is comprised of double that – eight!

The developer today unveiled a new trailer that introduces us to all eight survivors. Back 4 Blood calls its zombie hunters The Cleaners, who got together to rid the world of the Ridden – the game’s zombies – block by block. The characters are of varying ages, and come from different backgrounds – something that shows in their incidental dialogue and quips.

Their different perspectives also translate to unique gameplay bonusses, such as increased accuracy, healing efficiency, ADS speed, higher movement speed, a bigger inventory and many more. You’ll be able to play as Holly, Walker, Doc, Karlee, Jim, Hoffman, Evangelo, and Mom. Given their different personalities, you’re bound to identify with at least a few of them.

Back 4 Blood recently had its release date pushed back. The co-op shooter will now be out October 12 on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.

Tom

6 Jun 2020

The Open BETA begins August 12th. Pre-Order for early access and start slaying August 5th

https://go.wbgames.com/B4BPreOrder

On October 12, 2021, Back 4 Blood brings you face-to-face with a new apocalypse on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One Consoles, PS5, PS4, and PC.

Back 4 Blood will be coming to Xbox Game Pass at launch via Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One Consoles, as well as Windows 10 PC.

Comment

David76

7 Jun 2020

Some of the best multiplayer i ever experienced was with my friends on Left 4 Dead, both trying to escape the zombies and also the PvP, absolute hysterics with some of the kills as the infected. I really hope this turns out popular and gets a good player base

Comment

Oblivion Knight

11 Jun 2020

I'm definitely going to have to pick this one up.. Left 4 Dead was one of the few games I missed when I switched from Xbox to PlayStation, and I've only recently bought myself a capable PC.

The trailer made it immediately recongisable as a L4D game, despite knowing nothing about it's existence prior to seeing it!

Comment

David76

7 Jun 2020

Warner Bros. Games and Turtle Rock Studios released details on the upcoming beta for Back 4 Blood, which will feature a new PvP mode and more campaign content as it launches starting August 5. They also launched the latest trailer for the game.

The newest aspect of Back 4 Blood’s open beta is the PvP mode, dubbed “Swarm”, which will pit two squads of four facing off in a best-of-three series swapping between the infected Ridden and the human Cleaners. The beta will feature two maps for this mode and showcase six different Ridden variants: the Bruiser, Retch, Hocker, Exploder, Crusher, and Stinger.

Though the Swarm mode is the centrepiece of new content featured in the open beta, it will also show off new campaign content, a new Cleaner to play as, two co-op maps, and the Fort Hope communal hub. It looks like the beta will touch on almost every aspect of the final game to some degree.

Back 4 Blood is a homecoming of sorts for Turtle Rock Studios, as it’s a return to the game type that put them on the map with Left 4 Dead. The squad-based competitive campaigns represent some of the best multiplayer experiences when the games were released, so seeing them attempt a spiritual successor has people understandably excited.

The open beta will be available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC on August 5 for people who preordered the game and will last until August 9. For those who didn’t, there’s still a chance to get into the open beta via the Back 4 Blood website when it continues from August 12 until August 16. The beta supports cross-play and cross-gen. The full game is out October 12 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, and PC.

Comment