Coronavirus (COVID-19) General Chat 

Jess

Threads

The world has changed and probably won't return to the previous "normal" for a long time, if ever.

I was just reading an article about the test and trace programme, and how it could be in place for 2 years and anytime you come into contact with someone with COVID you’ve to isolate for 14 days. How on earth is any of that “doable”

View attachment 39

Gemma

Threads

The policy in England seems to have evolved quite rapidly in the last week compared with up here.

Just trying to look more proactive than the devolved governments, or blind panic in the face of varying R figures?

Comment

Jess

Threads

The policy in England seems to have evolved quite rapidly in the last week compared with up here.

Just trying to look more proactive than the devolved governments, or blind panic in the face of varying R figures?
R figures and going for the 1m social distancing rule change is my guess

Comment

Cherub

Threads

This is only hospital deaths but they are declining in exactly the fashion you would expect based on looking at the curve everywhere else. Not sure why this slide isn't used during the briefing tbh

We've struggled quite a bit during the lockdown. It has been incredibly hard with two small children and a keyworker in the household but things are slowly returning to normal as the restrictions are eased.

Comment

Steve

Threads

This is only hospital deaths but they are declining in exactly the fashion you would expect based on looking at the curve everywhere else. Not sure why this slide isn't used during the briefing tbh
I hope you're right (no reason to doubt you) but breaching 40,000 (in just three months) is a truly eye-watering number. It'll be at 50,000 before too long.

Comment

Emma

Threads

Today is the first day since 31st March where the 7-day average deaths were in single figures
I think the Scottish Government were caught in the headlights at the start of the lockdown but overall they have done a decent job and I think it is better being safe than sorry in terms of easing the lockdown.

Comment

Geezer

Threads

I think the Scottish Government were caught in the headlights at the start of the lockdown
That's probably true, but the fact is the Scottish Government have been afraid to make any kind of meaningful decision throughout. Cautious about going into lockdown, cautious about coming out.

Comment