Jess

Jun 6, 2020
Today 11:13 AM

The world has changed and probably won't return to the previous "normal" for a long time, if ever.

I was just reading an article about the test and trace programme, and how it could be in place for 2 years and anytime you come into contact with someone with COVID you’ve to isolate for 14 days. How on earth is any of that “doable”

View attachment 39

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

Some restrictions being eased on care home visits. In Scotland, two designated visitors will be allowed. In England, one designated visitor will be allowed though they must wear PPE, have a covid test and can only hold hands - no cuddles or kisses.

This should have been done months ago in my opinion. There is no reason they couldn't test visitors before entering the homes.

Comment

Aimie

Jul 1, 2020

Here's a summary of the PM's four-part plan for easing England's lockdown, which he laid out to MPs earlier:

STEP ONE
  • From 8 March - All schools will open with outdoor after-school sports and activities allowed. Recreation in an outdoor public spaces - such as a park - will be allowed between two people, meaning they would be allowed to sit down for a coffee, drink or picnic
  • From 29 March - Outdoor gatherings of either six people or two households will be allowed. It is understood this will include gatherings in private gardens. Outdoor sports facilities such as tennis or basketball courts will reopen and organised adult and children's sport, such as grassroots football, will also return
Secondary school pupils can access tests and will be required to wear face coverings in classrooms and shared spaces like corridors.

STEP TWO - from 12 April
  • Non-essential retail opens, hairdressers and some public buildings like libraries
  • Outdoor settings like alcohol takeaways, beer gardens, zoos and theme parks
  • Indoor leisure like swimming pools and gyms
  • Self-contained holiday accommodation, such as self-catering lets and campsites
  • Wider social contact rules will continue to apply in all settings - meaning no indoor mixing between different households will be allowed.
  • Johnson confirmed the end of hospitality curfews - and requirements to eat a substantial meal alongside alcohol.
  • He said a review of international leisure travel restrictions would be announced by 12 April at the earliest.
  • Funerals continue with up to 30 people, and weddings with up to 15 guests.
STEP THREE - from 17 May

If the data allows, this step will see the "rule of six" abolished for outdoor gatherings, replaced with a limit of 30 people:
  • Two households can mix indoors - with the rule of six applied in hospitality settings like pubs
  • Cinemas, museums, hotels, performances and sporting events reopen - though social distancing remains
  • Up to 10,000 spectators can attend the very largest outdoor seated venues like football stadiums
  • Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions, funerals and wakes.
  • Mr Johnson said this step would also "consider the potential role of Covid status certification" - which could refer to so-called "vaccine passports" - in helping indoor venues to reopen safely.
STEP FOUR - from 21 June
  • Before this step, ministers will carry out a review of social distancing and other "long-term measures" designed to reduce transmission, including the "one metre plus" rule and the wearing of face coverings.
  • They will also consider whether to lift the "work from home" guidance, which the government says people should continue to follow until the review has been completed.
  • The fourth step will potentially see all legal limits on social contact removed, with the final closed sectors of the economy reopened - such as nightclubs.
  • The government hopes that - from this date - restrictions on weddings and funerals will also be abolished.
There has been lots of positive news today. I’d be happy with the roadmap, here's hoping Scotland's exit strategy will be along similar lines.

Feeling more optimistic about the future.

1 Comment
Gemma
Gemma commented
Leisure facilities on 12th April?? That would be a lot earlier than we anticipated. Hopefully, Nicola Sturgeon follows this timeline!!!

Cherub

Jun 6, 2020

From 8 March - All schools will open with outdoor after-school sports and activities allowed. Recreation in an outdoor public spaces - such as a park - will be allowed between two people, meaning they would be allowed to sit down for a coffee, drink or picnic
I think not staggering the return of schools is a massive mistake. One that could stop the following steps actually becoming a reality. We need positive news, but it has to be realistic. This is on a par with the "5 days of Xmas" and we know how that played out.

I understand that pupils are returning to schools in Scotland today but it is a staggered return?

Comment

Snoops

Jul 16, 2020

Here's a summary of the PM's four-part plan for easing England's lockdown, which he laid out to MPs earlier:

I hope this goes as planned as I just know the population will not accept a further lockdown. This is for all the chips so get people vaccinated and let's hope this is the beginning of the end of this nightmare.

Nicola Sturgeon will be making her "cautious" plan announcement tomorrow afternoon. I'd be surprised if Scotland's Step 2 has as many restrictions lifted - most will probably fall into Step 3 for Scotland.

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

Nicola Sturgeon will be making her "cautious" plan announcement tomorrow afternoon. I'd be surprised if Scotland's Step 2 has as many restrictions lifted - most will probably fall into Step 3 for Scotland.
Sturgeon has a track record of being very careful and cautious. Tomorrow is an opportunity for her to lift the mood of the nation. The vaccines are going to be a big success, so she should act accordingly with the road map.

Comment

Shelby

Jun 20, 2020

Hardly surprising Scotland is taking a more cautious approach with planned easing a few weeks behind England in most scenarios

20210223_142618.thumb.jpeg.bec4b97fe6beb3f6bac72428daaccb54.jpeg

The reopening of Scotland's economy - including shops, bars, restaurants, gyms and hairdressers - is expected to start in the last week of April.

Comment

Spikey

Feb 15, 2021

Hardly surprising Scotland is taking a more cautious approach with planned easing a few weeks behind England in most scenarios
Maybe there’s more positivity to come between now and end of April but that’s left me fairly deflated to be honest.

Gemma
Gemma commented
I'm not overly disappointed with that to be honest. The indicative dates are a bit behind England but we seem to be putting a bit more emphasis on data.

I'd hope that if current trends keep up we might have a chance of bringing things forward. It's good to finally have a rough timeline and the end of April doesn't seem that far away when we've been in different phases of lockdown for a year.

Franco Pinion
Franco Pinion commented
Level 3 is broadly similar to what England is aiming for on April 12 (at the earliest). It actually allows for indoor household, mixing in cafes etc a couple of weeks ahead of what they're going for.

The big questions is what they'll be looking for in terms of data for potentially accelarating things.

Gemma
Gemma commented
Yes, pretty positive especially if the vaccination programme keeps its pace and there is no reason to doubt it will slow.

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

Talking about relaxing the outdoor rules in Scotland next week which would be a week earlier than anticipated.

This would allow four people from two households to meet outdoors

Comment