Fraser

Jun 15, 2020
Today 11:06 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Dexter

Genre: Crime, Drama, Mystery

First aired: 2006-10-01

Creator: James Manos, Jr.

Cast: Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter, Geoff Pierson, David Zayas, James Remar, C.S. Lee, Aimee Garcia, Desmond Harrington

Overview: Dexter Morgan, a blood spatter pattern analyst for the Miami Metro Police also leads a secret life as a serial killer, hunting down criminals who have slipped through the cracks of justice.

Fraser

Jun 15, 2020

Hall is onboard to reprise his role as serial killer Dexter Morgan, which he played on Showtime for eight seasons from 2006 to 2013, for a 10-episode limited series revival. Original Dexter executive producer Clyde Phillips will be back as showrunner for what is essentially a ninth season that Showtime plans to air in fall 2021.

"Dexter is such a special series, both for its millions of fans and for Showtime, as this breakthrough show helped put our network on the map many years ago," said Showtime Entertainment president Gary Levine in a statement.

"We would only revisit this unique character if we could find a creative take that was truly worthy of the brilliant, original series. Well, I am happy to report that Clyde Phillips and Michael C. Hall have found it, and we can’t wait to shoot it and show it to the world!"

Hall earned five Emmy nominations for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series and won a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Drama for Dexter.

Showtime has been "kicking around the idea" of reviving Dexter for years. No word yet on which other original Dexter cast members will be back. Dexter ended in 2013 with what is widely considered one of the worst-ever series finales.

Comment

Fraser

Jun 15, 2020

Mixed feelings about this. The last season was unbelievably god awful, but this could be a redemption of sorts. I wonder what the format is, a direct sequel to the last season?

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

I've never gone from loving a show so much (Season 1-4) to hating it (Season 5-8).

The ending was probably the worst from any show.

Will obviously give this a watch though, and hopefully they can give it a proper ending!

Comment

Son Of Jack

Jun 12, 2020

Oh god no! The final seasons and ending were a disgrace, they absolutely destroyed what had been a great first 4 seasons.

I don't even think I'll even tell Mrs Jackson about this as I don't want to hear her moan again about how bad the ending was.

Comment
TV show information provided by The Movie Database