David76

7 Jun 2020
Today 3:44 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Fawlty Towers

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 1975-09-19

Creator: John Cleese, Connie Booth

Cast: John Cleese, Prunella Scales, Connie Booth, Andrew Sachs, Ballard Berkeley, Brian Hall, Gilly Flower, Renee Roberts

Overview: Owner Basil Fawlty, his wife Sybil, a chambermaid Polly, and Spanish waiter Manuel attempt to run their hotel amidst farcical situations and an array of demanding guests.

David76

7 Jun 2020
Today 3:44 AM

I have been watching some of the repeats of this classic sitcom and I have to say i find it a LOT funnier than what passes for comedy today. Does anyone else find that it has stood the test of time quite well and like Only Fools and Horses is among the greatest classic comedy series? It's also notable that only 12 episodes were produced which is significantly fewer than other series.

Comment

Mendalla

29 Aug 2020
Yesterday 10:44 PM

I watched the whole series when it ran on PBS at some point, probably in the eighties. Brilliant work by Cleese, Booth, and the others. Possibly my favorite sitcom of all time (though Blackadder the Third gives it a run for its money). Have gone back to the well occasionally since but I don't think Netflix Canada has it right now so I would have to track it down (they do have Python, though).

Comment