Micro Dave

Aug 5, 2020
Today 11:59 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Framing Britney Spears

Genre: Documentary, News

First aired: 2021-02-05

Cast: Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Jamie Spears,

Overview: Her rise was a global phenomenon. Her downfall was a cruel national sport. People close to Britney Spears and lawyers tied to her conservatorship now reassess her career as she battles her father in court over who should control her life.

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

It was on Youtube the other day.

I found the whole thing quite sad really the girl she was at the time definitely needed help and support and sadly her family especially her father were the wrong ones from what I can see when I watched it.

It also shows how we, the public, drive the Paparazzi and watching scenes where she is surrounded by hundreds of flashing camera is very sad and would drive anyone a bit crazy.

Comment

hannah

Jul 5, 2020

Mixed bag. Very sad to be reminded of how shameless the Hollywood paps are, it should be illegal. Its harassment.

Her support network let her down badly. Really badly. Her family, friends, business managers and the record label.

That level of fame is just bad for you.

Comment

Talia

Jun 28, 2020

Watched it last night and was fairly underwhelmed. Don't really understand the hype. While it's undoubtedly an awful story and your heart would break for her, there was nothing really new or revelatory in the doc. Just rehashing information that's already out there. I think the fact that it was by the NY Times rather than E4 made people assume it was more worthy.

1 Comment
Gemma
Gemma commented
Yeah, it's strange that it's just an episode of the monthly "The New York Times Presents" series which has completely blown up. If anything it's managed to put Britney back front and centre of the news cycle which is the last thing that was needed really.