Jun 7, 2020
Today 12:54 PM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Frasier

Genre: Comedy

First aired: 1993-09-16

Creator: Peter Casey, David Angell

Cast: Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde Pierce, Jane Leeves, Peri Gilpin, John Mahoney

Overview: After many years spent at the “Cheers” bar, Frasier moves back home to Seattle to work as a radio psychiatrist after his policeman father gets shot in the hip on duty.

Geezer

Jun 7, 2020

Being rebooted after 20 years.

Kelsey Grammer confirmed the show's revival saying: "I gleefully anticipate sharing the next chapter in the continuing journey of Dr Frasier Crane."

There has been no confirmation that other members of the original cast will also return.

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 7:54 AM

A classic show that went on a few seasons too long.
Something that was sadly endemic in broadcast television up until last decade. Cable and streaming seem to have clued in that never-ending 24 episode seasons inevitably results it diminishing returns quality-wise. Shorter seasons and an end in sight avoids the problem. Usually.

Won’t be the same without Marty.
Yeah, that's going to be a huge gap. I can't imagine Frasier without John Mahoney. Though, to be fair, that applies to most of the cast. It really was a character-driven comedy, even moreso than Cheers (of which I was a huge fan at one point) had been.

Comment

Cherub

Jun 6, 2020

I seem to remember 2-3 years ago Kelsey Grammer was hinting in interviews about Frasier coming back again (might have been around the time that John Mahoney died), but I'm pretty sure he said it would be a different show to what it was in the 90s. For some reason I think he said that Fraiser would have moved on to somewhere like Chicago. It would be like how he moved from Boston to Seattle first time round.

Comment