Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Silent Generation

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Donna

Sep 3, 2020
Today 12:23 PM

What generation are you?

I left out the Greatest Generation and those that came before. Everyone of that generation is over 90 years old and I don't think we posters here from that generation. Likewise, I wouldn't expect anyone to be "Alpha" or even "Silent" (could be wrong ont hat one though)

Generation Name
Births
Start
Births
End
Youngest
Age Today*
Oldest Age
Today*
The Lost Generation
The Generation of 1914
1890​
1915​
106​
131​
The Interbellum Generation
1901​
1913​
108​
120​
The Greatest Generation
1910​
1924​
97​
111​
The Silent Generation
1925​
1945​
76​
96​
Baby Boomer Generation
1946​
1964​
57​
75​
Generation X (Baby Bust)
1965​
1979​
42​
56​
Millennials
Generation Y, Gen Next
1980​
1994​
27​
41​
iGen / Generation Z
1995​
2012​
9​
26​
Gen Alpha
2013​
2025​
1​
8​

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 7:23 AM

I am in a weird spot, having been born in 1965. By that chart, I am the first year of Gen X but I've also seen myself put as the tail of the Boom. I feel more like a GenX'er than a boomer culturally. After all, I was only four when that great Boomer touchstone Woodstock happened, whereas I was very much a viewer of Live Aid, which was one of the big touchstones for GenX. And I'll take U2 over the Beatles almost any day (but neither are my favorite band).

Most of my team at work (I manage the IT department of a mid-sized corporation), interestingly, are millennials. The youngest is probably GenZ since she's a recent university grad but she's also originally from the Caribbean so maybe these demographics don't even apply to her. We all get on well but there are times when I have to explain references I make to stuff from the seventies and eighties.

We have one Silent on my own board (I think she's in that age group), but she's become fairly quiet due to health. There was another but she died a couple years ago. So they do turn up online from time to time, but not as much as their children (Boomers and X'ers).

Comment