Mouth

Aug 20, 2020
Today 11:09 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Tagline: One Will Fall

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Julian Dennison, Demián Bichir, Zhang Ziyi, Lance Reddick, Van Marten, Erol Brandis, Daniel Nelson, Danai Gurira, Priscilla Doueihy, Jim Palmer, Chris Chalk, John Pirruccello, Ronny Chieng, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Kaylee Hottle

Release: 2021-03-25

Plot: In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages.

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 6:09 AM

Is that Mechagodzilla at the very start of the trailer?

There's been rumours of Mechagodzilla being in it for a while now so this is basically the first confirmation. And, of course, the question is going to be whether the "Bad Godzilla" we see is really the Big G or MechaG with a skinsuit hiding its mechanicals. Toho used that gambit with MechaG so why not Legendary?

This looks absolutely horrendous, but if it keeps teenage boys in China happy...

I am neither teenaged nor in China and I love kaiju movies. Have since I was knee-high to a grasshopper as my old man would have said. I thoroughly enjoyed Godzilla and Kong : Skull Island (haven't seen King of the Monsters but it is on my to-do list) so this is right in my wheelhouse. And on another board I am on there is a fair bit of enthusiasm for it.

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 6:09 AM

I think they'll fight first then team up to fight the main villian MechaGodzilla. Something like Batman v Superman.
That's kind of what people suspect. Too bad, in a way, because the Japanese King Kong vs. Godzilla had Kong as the "hero" and Godzilla as the "villain" so it was just straight-up kaiju battle with Kong wading off at the end. However, both Legendary versions have kind of been set up as more or less heroes in their previous movies so having them team up after duking it out at first seems more likely. Still, there is the whole "King of the monsters" thing so establishing dominance might keep them as wary or reluctant allies rather than actual friends.

Comment
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database