Mouth

Aug 20, 2020
Today 11:26 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Tagline: One Will Fall

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Julian Dennison, Demián Bichir, Zhang Ziyi, Lance Reddick, Van Marten, Erol Brandis, Daniel Nelson, Danai Gurira, Priscilla Doueihy, Jim Palmer, Chris Chalk, John Pirruccello, Ronny Chieng, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Kaylee Hottle

Release: 2021-03-25

Plot: In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages.

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 6:26 AM

I am Team Godzilla. Kong is a coward, who just sat there whilst the world was crumbling in the last Godzilla film.
Just biding his time and letting the others soften each other up before he makes his move. 😉 After all, he's an ape so is probably the smartest of the bunch (no bias there 😎 ). But, yeah, I am rooting for the big radiation-spewing dinosaur, too.

Comment

Sad Professor

Jun 13, 2020

I loved Gareth Edwards version of Godzilla and how he kept Godzilla in the background for most of the movie as having CGI monsters punching each other for 2 hours does not make good entertainment. Really good film apart from the lead character who was so wooden but it didn't really matter no one was there to see him.

I remember the scene in the airport when Godzilla's foot drops filling the whole screen the audience actually gasped (I don't think I'd witnessed that at a cinema before)

Comment

Tom

Jun 6, 2020

I think I will avoid future trailers and tv spots now, my appetite is whet.

The running time is said to be 113 minutes and the aircraft carrier battle scene, is said to be 18 minutes long.

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 6:26 AM

Is the Godzilla staring Bryan Cranston from about 10 years ago part of this film series as well?
Yes. It kicked off the series. At present, the Legendary monster-verse consists of:

Godzilla (2014)
Kong : Skull Island (2017)
Godzilla : King of the Monsters (2019)
Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Nothing is announced past GvK and I imagine any plans beyond that would depend on its success. King of the Monsters kind of underperformed at the box office as I understand it so this one probably has to hit one out of the park to keep things going.

And I found out last week that Netflix Canada is finally getting King of the Monsters in April so I can get caught up before I see this one. GvK is only in theatres here (due to how HBO operates in Canada) so I have some time.

Comment

Ray Gin

Sep 30, 2020

It is doing good numbers, earning $122M at box office with $70M from China alone.

Godzilla vs Kong has debuted worldwide with a $122 million box office take, $70 million of which comes from China. The Battle of the Titans will bring together Godzilla and Kong on screen for the first time since 1962 and it's swiftly become one of 2021's most anticipated releases. The epic battle will act as the culmination of several years worth of storytelling in Legendary's MonsterVerse. Godzilla debuted in 2014 followed by Kong: Skull Island shortly after. Godzilla: King of the Monsters roared into theaters in 2019 and seemed to hit a roadblock with middling critical reception and a lackluster box office take.

Godzilla vs Kong was released internationally on March 24 and early indicators show that it could be one of China's biggest box office hits of 2021. China, the second largest theatrical market in the world, is getting an exclusive theatrical release unlike the US. Godzilla vs Kong will debut in theaters and on HBO Max on the same day stateside. How that will affect its box office take remains to be seen, but Legendary and Warner Bros. may have nothing to worry about.

Comment