Mouth

Aug 20, 2020
Today 11:05 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Tagline: One Will Fall

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Adam Wingard

Cast: Alexander Skarsgård, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, Eiza González, Julian Dennison, Demián Bichir, Zhang Ziyi, Lance Reddick, Van Marten, Erol Brandis, Daniel Nelson, Danai Gurira, Priscilla Doueihy, Jim Palmer, Chris Chalk, John Pirruccello, Ronny Chieng, Hakeem Kae-Kazim, Kaylee Hottle

Release: 2021-03-25

Plot: In a time when monsters walk the Earth, humanity’s fight for its future sets Godzilla and Kong on a collision course that will see the two most powerful forces of nature on the planet collide in a spectacular battle for the ages.

Steve

Jun 5, 2020

I watched it with my five year old daughter. We were both on the same mental level watching this. And both as happy as can be. This is a proper popcorn movie. The fights are awesome. Effects are amazing. It’s exactly as dumb as it should be, and consequently amazing.

1 Comment
Mendalla
Mendalla commented
As someone who grew up watching the original Showa-era Godzilla movies and similar on Saturday afternoon TV, I endorse the education you are giving your daughter. 😎

Birdman

Jun 6, 2020

Good fun, was pretty much what I expected.

Didn't care about the human stuff at all just the monsters busting the heads off each other. I could of watched 4 hours of a big gorilla and atomic breathe lizard battering seven shades outta each other.

2 Comments
Mouth
Mouth commented
Unfortunately the filmmakers and the studio suits don’t understand that.

Mendalla
Mendalla commented
No, they keep thinking that if they pack in some big stars and a "human story" they can get the non-fans out. But someone like my wife is not going to watch a movie about 400 foot tall monsters smashing things even if you put Meryl Streep and Robert de Niro as the leads and have Aaron Sorkin writing it.

Mouth

Aug 20, 2020

Watched it last night with my kids. As others have said its a decent film and being able to see the two titans fighting was a bonus.

They could easily have cut the kids and the conspiracy guy out, for me any scenes with them were a chore to sit through.

Only negative was I thought Mechagodzilla was underused.

Comment

8-Ball

Aug 4, 2020

Watch this on Sunday evening.

Brainless but highly entertaining.

Great action set pieces taking place mostly in daylight so you can actually see and make out exactly what's going on. You could cut out the human characters almost entirely however and you'd not miss them, but no-one I'd imagine is watching this for the likes of Millie Bobby Brown?!

This really should have been held back for cinemas re-opening as needs to be seen on the biggest screen available to you.

Comment

Zidane

Jun 21, 2020

Saw it at the weekend. It's a film of two halves.

The plot and writing are complete scutter. It makes no sense and I just switched off for it as I didn't care and hated all the characters.

And then the Ape and the Lizard started fighting and I was all on board. Really enjoyed the battles as the sense of scale and destruction was excellent. It's just unfortunate they they were interrupted every so often by annoying humans.

I did like the evangelion references.

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 6:05 AM

The plot and writing are complete scutter. It makes no sense and I just switched off for it as I didn't care and hated all the characters.

And then the Ape and the Lizard started fighting and I was all on board. Really enjoyed the battles as the sense of scale and destruction was excellent. It's just unfortunate they they were interrupted every so often by annoying humans.
This tends to be endemic in kaiju movies. Ones like Shin Godzilla (2016, the last live action Godzilla from Toho Studios) that actually have a plot, characters, meaning, etc. are fairly rare and usually of the "monster stomps city" variety rather than the "monster stomps other monsters" variety. Gojira (1954), the original Godzilla, is another.

Comment