Cherub

Jun 6, 2020
Today 3:38 AM

Good points - moved home in January, saved a lot of money, got to spend loads of time with the family.

Bad points - global pandemic.

The strangest year I’ve ever had but overall some good points and personal impact of Covid could have been worse.

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

I've had worse years for sure but I'll be glad to see the end of 2020.

I feel like I’ve just spent a year floating around not really getting to do anything.

Let's see what 2021 brings. I'm usually hopeful and I believe 2021 will definitely be better but that may not be the case at all. Just because the year is changing, doesn't mean anything else will change with it.

Comment

Tom

Jun 6, 2020

One of the good things for me, was that I started to go for walks around where we live. I always meant to but kept putting it off as something I would do later. I live in a beautiful part of Scotland and found some lovely walks.

It was so much a help for the mind to be in a place you could enjoy. I will continue to walk more locally and be thankful that I can.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

Jun 11, 2020

On the whole, pretty lousy! I think I've mentioned a few things in other threads so I'll not repeat myself else I'll sound like a broken record 😅

So I'll try and think of some positives instead..
  • Started a new and exciting relationship
  • Revived Umbrella Online
  • Re-connected with a couple of existing online friends
  • Cleared a decent amount of debt
  • Bought a new car, new TV, and new mobile phone

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Yesterday 10:38 PM

I honestly wouldn't put it as my worst year. 1990, when I was laid up with appendicitis and then post-surgical complications beats it handily.

On the upside, my writing earned me US$65 in contest winnings (a first and a third), which gives me some reason to believe that my scribblings have a place in life.

On the down, working from home started off well but I definitely miss the office, especially the separation it creates between work and personal life.

And I haven't been seeing my son as much as I would like (he lives in another city) nor have I met his partner yet, both of which are at least partly attributable to COVID.

Comment