What's new

Bandit

6 Jun 2020
Today 8:11 AM

The Last Dance

Documentary series about the Chicago Bulls. I’m no basketball fan, but this was fascinating and gripping.
This is the best documentary I’ve seen for many a year. I have zero interest in basketball so if anyone has been putting off watching it because they don’t like the sport, give it a try, you won’t regret it.

Comment

Legion

5 Jan 2021

Icarus

Probably the best documentary I've ever seen. Began as a guy wanting to see how much his performance would increase by taking performance-enhancing drugs for cycling.... he inadvertently ends up uncovering the Russian doping scandal.

Won an Oscar for best documentary. Well deserved.

Comment

Dylan

6 Jun 2020

Icarus

Probably the best documentary I've ever seen. Began as a guy wanting to see how much his performance would increase by taking performance-enhancing drugs for cycling.... he inadvertently ends up uncovering the Russian doping scandal.

Brilliant documentary.

The Social Dilemma & The Dawn Wall - both on Netflix - are very good.

Comment

Jess

6 Jun 2020

Fear City: New York City V the Mafia.
Very good documentary and some wiseguys which surely inspired Scorsese.

Bent Coppers: Crossing the line of duty.
BBC iPlayer. Fantastic insight into the '60s onwards corruption. Great animation in parts.

Comment

Legion

5 Jan 2021

The Mind Of Aaron Hernandez on Netflix is really interesting.

The Dark Side of Wrestling as well, even if you’re not a fan of it.

Faking It which is on Discovery+ is really interesting as well.

Spotlight on the Troubles which might be on the iPlayer - I recorded it when it was on the BBC though.

Storyville has loads of really interesting documentaries at the minute including an interview with Carlos Ghosn.

Comment

David76

7 Jun 2020

Icarus

Won an Oscar for best documentary. Well deserved.
Very well made documentary. I obviously knew the Russians were banned for doping but had no idea the story behind it.

Comment