Jess

Jun 6, 2020
Today 12:05 PM

Post your Netflix recommendations to help others decide what to watch next or add to their wishlist

I watched Adult Life Skills a few nights ago. A lovely little British film about grief and mourning but with that classic whimsical touch that the Brits do so well.

Phenom

Jun 5, 2020
Today 6:05 AM

The Kingdom - The deceased king rises and a mysterious plague begins to spread; the prince must face a new breed of enemies to unveil the evil scheme and save his people. (Great for people looking for an interesting twist on the zombie trope)

The Last Kingdom - As a child, Uhtred witnessed his father being killed and the Saxon army defeated by invading troops. Danish warlord Earl Ragnar captured Uhtred and raised him in a Danish camp alongside fellow captive Brida, a sharp-tongued girl. Years later, Uhtred is a valiant warrior who is dealt another tragic blow when his home is deliberately set on fire, killing his surrogate family, including Ragnar. Now exiled -- alone except for Brida by his side -- he vows to avenge Ragnar's death and reclaim his homeland. But, he must choose between his birth country and the people who raised him. If he is going to help birth a new nation and ultimately recapture his ancestral land he must walk dangerous path between both sides. (Great for those who are looking for something akin to The Vikings in historical accuracy in portrayal of costumes, set design, etc. Has a great plot and is about the path to unification for England.)

Comment

Welshy

Jul 9, 2020
Today 12:05 PM

I started watching 'The Society' and I don’t know. Does it improve? It’s a bit too angsty teen stuff I don’t care about. I had the same opinion with both 'Outer Banks' and ‘The Order’. Think I may be watching the wrong shows! But things are thin on the ground at the minute. At least The Umbrella Academy is back this week!

Comment