Dylan

Jun 6, 2020
Today 4:36 AM

Are there any things that are generally seen as simple by others that you struggle with?

For example, it takes me ages to open bin liners. Just this morning it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to manage to open a black bag when changing the rubbish. It feels like I've no grip on my fingers, I can't click my fingers so I've generally put my inability to perform a simple task down to this but it can be quite embarrassing when asking people in work to open up a bag for me :(

Shelby

Jun 20, 2020

Voice activated products. They can't understand my accent

Opening those little plastic bags for fruit n veg now you can't lick your fingers
I find that rubbing the edges of the bag that open with your fingertips usually gets them open.

Or if you carry one of those little bottles of hand sanitiser with you, just use a bit of that on your fingers.

Comment

Boot Cleaner

Jan 24, 2021

I can't hold a fork in my left hand. I have to use the left hand for the knife and the right for the fork.

If I'm cutting or buttering etc, I use my right hand to use the knife.
Same, and all my siblings do it too.

One that gets me is opening the plastic packaging that cold meat, bacon etc comes in. I know there is usually a little tab but I can never get it open.

Comment

Max Taxable

Jan 23, 2021
Yesterday 10:36 PM

Are there any things that are generally seen as simple by others that you struggle with?

For example, it takes me ages to open bin liners. Just this morning it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to manage to open a black bag when changing the rubbish. It feels like I've no grip on my fingers, I can't click my fingers so I've generally put my inability to perform a simple task down to this but it can be quite embarrassing when asking people in work to open up a bag for me :(
Have you tried wetting your thumb and forefinger tips slightly first?

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

Changing the flipping duvet cover

This stresses me out to no end, pity there's no duvet cover changer service that comes to your door.
I put the duvet on the floor and stretch out the cover on the bed. I then push the duvet into the corners and drag the cover up hitting the corners at the top. Flatten it out and button it up. Simple :D

Comment