Dylan

Jun 6, 2020
Today 9:30 AM

Are there any things that are generally seen as simple by others that you struggle with?

For example, it takes me ages to open bin liners. Just this morning it must have taken me at least 15 minutes to manage to open a black bag when changing the rubbish. It feels like I've no grip on my fingers, I can't click my fingers so I've generally put my inability to perform a simple task down to this but it can be quite embarrassing when asking people in work to open up a bag for me :(

Noble

Aug 30, 2020
Today 2:30 AM

Voice activated products. They can't understand my accent

I find that rubbing the edges of the bag that open with your fingertips usually gets them open.

Or if you carry one of those little bottles of hand sanitiser with you, just use a bit of that on your fingers.
Still drives me nuts, hand sanitizer makes it worse. šŸ˜±

Comment

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

All the things that go into the car - coolant, brake fluid etc. I don't know where each one has to go. I've been shown so many times and I keep forgetting.

I know the window wiper one has a picture of wipers on it, but still, I don't trust myself and I get other people to sort the car for me.

There's one thing that you can't open if the engine is hot, don't know what it is or what it does, but it has the fear in me to not go near anything even if the engine were off šŸ˜

I definitely shouldn't be a driver

Comment

Mouth

Aug 20, 2020

I can't click my fingers on my left hand
I definitely shouldn't be a driver
I wouldn't know how to fix a laptop, but I still use one. If anything went wrong with it, I'd bring it to someone who can fix it because I've no interest in learning how to do it myself. The same applies to people who aren't interested in car maintenance - the idea that everyone should know or care about what's under the bonnet is outdated - especially when manufacturers make everything in there so inaccessible nowadays.

Comment

David76

Jun 7, 2020

I can't close cupboard doors or drawers in the kitchen after using them. Just can't. Getting a pan, cupboard is left open. Getting ingredients, cupboard is left open. Need cutlery, drawer is left open.

The wife has been close to divorcing me 4-5 times per year we've been married because of it.

Comment

Son Of Jack

Jun 12, 2020

especially when manufacturers make everything in there so inaccessible nowadays.
This bit is true. I had to remove half my engine just to replace the lightbulb. Even then you'd need hands like a primordial dwarf to access the fecking thing.
Same, and all my siblings do it too.

One that gets me is opening the plastic packaging that cold meat, bacon etc comes in. I know there is usually a little tab but I can never get it open.
Those "Easy Open" packs of ham that I always end up cutting open with a knife

Comment

David76

Jun 7, 2020

Tying knots in ropes to hold stuff on a roof rack or to tie down stuff in a trailer. My father was epic at it, he had all sorts of crazy knots he could deploy to fasten things down. They wouldn't budge an inch.

I should really look at youtube and learn some useful knots and techniques. Rachet straps have made it so easy, I haven't bothered.

Comment