Alex

4 Jul 2020
Today 3:38 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Snowpiercer

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-05-17

Creator: Graeme Manson

Cast: Jennifer Connelly, Daveed Diggs, Mickey Sumner, Susan Park, Alison Wright, Iddo Goldberg, Annalise Basso

Overview: Set more than seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland, the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually-moving train that circles the globe as class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival play out.

Alex

4 Jul 2020

A great first season, kind of feels like a guilty pleasure in the sense that there is a greater than usual suspension of disbelief required for this kind of story.

Apparently, they were almost finished filming season 2 in March of this year but got shut down due to covid, hopefully they can get it finished and released early next year.

Comment

Shelby

20 Jun 2020

Definitely one of those middling shows I broadly enjoyed in fits and starts. The personal drama was a bit meh, while sometimes took itself way too seriously - when the premise and class structure should have been played up more.

Comment

Ray Gin

30 Sep 2020

Based on the trailer, season 2 looks better than season 1.

I thought season 1 was alright if there’s nothing else to watch but it didn’t grab me. I'll give s2 a chance though.

Comment

Jess

6 Jun 2020

I've only caught the first two episodes of season 2 and while I still have my reservations the show definitely amped up a little in quality. The presence of Sean Bean's Wilfred a big positive, re-establishing the sense of the macabre sometimes lost in season 1's pedestrian, lazy murder mystery. But I wish the show engaged with the crazy a little more than it does; it's all so inherently silly, and there are clear flourishes like Icy Bob or the scientist couple, but it only ever seems to indulge in the oddball here and there, playing it over-sincere the rest of the time. It can't seem to decide what tone it wants to play.

Comment