What's new

Mouth

20 Aug 2020
Today 9:03 AM

Manager Steve Bruce has left Newcastle United by mutual consent just 13 days after the Saudi Arabia-backed £305m takeover of the Premier League side was completed.

Newcastle United can confirm that Steve Bruce has left his position as head coach by mutual consent. The club would like to place on record it's gratitude to Steve for his contribution and wishes him well for the future.

The man deserved more respect for keep them up in a Mike Ashley regime, but ultimately he was never going to be the person to manage a team of superstars going into the future.

Steve

5 Jun 2020

Bruce did a decent job in difficult circumstances and he is actually a Newcastle fan. Their fans never forgave him for once managing Sunderland. The trouble is he's a journeyman not an elite manager so he had to go.

I've read that they have a new shortlist - Lucien Favre, Eddie Howe and Paulo Fonseca.

Comment

Snoops

16 Jul 2020

Really sad statement from Bruce.

Got a lot of shit but managed to keep them around mid-table with such a poor squad. They obviously have bigger plans going forward but yeah he was treated like dirt.

Nice payoff and retirement for Bruce at least.

Comment

Tom

6 Jun 2020

Unai Emery is under serious consideration for the Newcastle United vacancy, with the club wanting to have a manager in place by the weekend.

3 Comments
Tom
Tom commented
Emery has ruled himself out of the job, stating that he is happy at Villarreal.

Eddie Howe now seems to be the favourite for the job.

Welshy
Welshy commented
Eddie Howe expected to agree a deal and be announced as new manager tomorrow. He is also expected to be at the Brighton game.

Son Of Jack
Son Of Jack commented
I've got my reservations about Howe.

Some of his big money buys at Bournemouth were questionable and he's never had to manage players with big egos. His appointment would worry me if I was a Newcastle supporter...are they going to be attracting the top players?