What's new
22 new posts in the past 24 hours

The Awesome World of NFL NFL 

Steve

Threads

What's that noise? Sssh, can you hear it?

That sounds very much like the 2021 Superbowl winning drive from league MVP Derek Carr and rushing title winner Josh Jacobs.....

No matter. With very little chance of getting over to Vegas this year, I'll have to console myself with winning the Idle Chatter Pickem and Survivor series (again).

It's NFL 2020 y'all. GO SPORTS.

View attachment 111

Bandit

Threads

Sky Sports said:
The NFL has admitted it was wrong for not listening to players fighting for racial equality and encouraged them to peacefully protest.

The apology comes a day after a number of leading NFL players, including Patrick Mahomes and Odell Beckham Jr, called on the league to "condemn racism and the systemic oppression of black people".

Protests have broken out across the globe since the death of George Floyd, an unarmed black man, while being restrained by a white police officer in Minneapolis on May 25.

"We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People," Goodell said in a video on the NFL Twitter page.

"We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter."

No mention in Goodell's speech was made to former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who began kneeling in 2016 during the national anthem before games, which was subsequently banned by the NFL two years later.

Goodell also said he would be in touch with individual players who had voiced concerns about the league.

Better late than never I suppose. Has Colin Kaepernick got a case here he was shunned by the NFL for making his stand?

Comment

Tom

Threads

I'm glad also that Drew Brees has had the sense to climb down from his high horse, so I respect him for that. Kneeling for the anthem was a peaceful protest. Those who claimed it disrespected the flag were trying to take attention away from the real issue, which many didn't want to address or even admit to.

Talking about peaceful Kaepernick-like protests being disrespectful was always ridiculous, but especially tone-deaf in light of events in the past 10 days. Brees deserved a lot of criticism, but thankfully he is not stupid enough to stick with his stance.
Better late than never I suppose. Has Colin Kaepernick got a case here he was shunned by the NFL for making his stand?
He has a case, he could have easily landed a backup job somewhere for a cheap fee like how Flacco has but at the same time, I remember him being average and going like 1-10 in his final season at the 49ers. I remember the Bills blowing him out and he was shite so an immediate starting job was out the picture

Comment

Steve

Threads

He has a case, he could have easily landed a backup job somewhere for a cheap fee like how Flacco has but at the same time, I remember him being average and going like 1-10 in his final season at the 49ers. I remember the Bills blowing him out and he was shite so an immediate starting job was out the picture
Aye, he’s wasn’t a great QB to start with IMO but surely would have landed a back up as you said.

Comment

Geezer

Threads

For all Kaepernick would have been a negative distraction as a backup QB a year or 2 ago, it seems the mood has shifted and now would be loved. I think somebody should look to sign him, he'd be better than about 80% of backups.

Comment