The Christmas 2020 Thread General Chat 

Lisa

Aug 23, 2020
Today 10:58 AM

Christmas is going to be a lot different this year for almost everyone due to the global pandemic.

I see quite a few folks are already putting up their Christmas tree quite early this year, to cheer themselves up I guess. We always put our up around 14th December, I might go for the first week of December this year!

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

I'm glad I've been buying my presents throughout the year.

They are probably going to cost me a fortune in postage though.

I see quite a few folks are already putting up their Christmas tree quite early this year, to cheer themselves up I guess.

I know of people who’ve put up their Christmas tree at Halloween!

I'm putting my tree up this weekend, as you say it is to cheer ourselves up.
It seems to be everyone is doing the same. Even the Christmas adverts have started early this year. Shame that some of the shops are closed though due to lockdown. They must be missing an awful lot of much needed Christmas trading.

I'll wait until the middle of December before putting my decorations up - hopefully I'll be off my crutches by then and more mobile!

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 5:58 AM

I am waiting until at least a month before or maybe the first weekend in December to do my tree. I have not actually had it up the last few years because we have always been travelling at Christmas. My family like to get someplace warm and sunny at least once in the winter and Christmas has been a time when both my wife and son had breaks from school (wife is a professor, son is in university). No warm place this winter, I guess, barring a miracle. At least we got in a nice tour of Panama last Christmas holiday.

Comment

Donna

Sep 3, 2020

We'll wait until the beginning of December before putting our tree and decorations up.

One of our neighbours has already put up their outside Christmas lights but I've not seen any decorations inside their house yet!

Comment