What's new
22 new posts in the past 24 hours

The Donald Trump Presidency Thread After Hours 

David76

Threads

This sums up the past few days perfectly

I'm still amazed that medically they've allowed him to just leave the hospital when still apparently COVID positive. That and his insane delivery back to the White House and the ripping off the mask before going back in to see folks could possibly be the most reckless thing to have happened. Surely the message should have been to keep him isolated until he was COVID negative - seems nuts that a 'hospital' would let him leave like that when they know he's just going to mix again.

As much as I don't really like Good Morning Britain in the morning, the wife has it on and there was some GOP mouthpiece on saying Trump was fine and did nothing wrong, even when Piers Morgan pointed out that Boris Johnson was reasonably ok till day 9 he seemed to think there was nothing to worry about. Just for the fact that he's been so absolutely reckless and dangerous when infected then I think it would be fitting if he ended up having to go back into hospital and destroying any hopes he had of getting re-elected.

Comment

Best

Threads

After the drive-by, release after a couple of days and now the balcony shenanigans I must admit I'm not 100% convinced he has had Covid - this is playing out more like a play for an election boost with the photo ops and conflicting news from the White House and doctors.

Terrible thing to think and say but that is how it looks.

Comment

Dylan

Threads

It's just remarkable how he always manages to pick the most obnoxious, most crass, most ignorant, most incompetent, most inconsiderate, most lazy, most careless, most reckless, most feckless, most stupid course of action at *EVERY* turn. It's kind of a superpower.

Even unintentionally the biggest eejit would do the right thing, or something respectable, appropriate, or considerate the odd time.

Not once has he managed it.

Incredible.

Comment

Mouth

Threads

I don't think he is faking having Covid, too many of his administration are falling like flies but I do think the last few days have been an absolute shitshow - no idea what he is trying to accomplish other than feeding his ego and playing to his base when in reality all he is doing is making himself and America a bigger laughing stock around the globe.

Does Trump have any ability to influence the electoral college directly? So that even if a state votes Democrat overall the electoral votes go to him? Is that possible?

Comment

Random Guy

Threads

After the drive-by, release after a couple of days and now the balcony shenanigans I must admit I'm not 100% convinced he has had Covid
That was my thought at the very start but not now. He’s either had a relatively mild dose or, more likely, he’s trying very, very hard to show that it’s having minimal effect. In reality, he’s not hiding it too well.

His real downfall will be his arrogance in ignoring his doctors and in ignoring all the evidence that shows how cyclical this virus is, particularly in the early stages.

In electoral terms, he has lost quite a bit and will gain nothing. His "strongman" act will only appeal to those already stupid enough to vote for him.

Comment

Sad Professor

Threads

Does Trump have any ability to influence the electoral college directly? So that even if a state votes Democrat overall the electoral votes go to him? Is that possible?
The short answer is no.

The long answer is - maybe.

He will challenge any tight results locally first, with poll watchers etc. looking to have votes excluded for a multitude of minor technical infractions. He'll demand recounts where ever he can repeatedly.

When that doesn't work, he'll start working his way through the courts trying to leverage even the most inconsequential things as evidence of wholesale election fraud and he will take it all the way to the Supreme court where his hope is that his soon to be three Supreme court Justices will honour the marker he thinks they owe him and hand him a win.

The only real defence against this scenario is an utter rout in the Election for Biden, which on the basis of current polling is absolutely on the cards.

Comment