The Donald Trump Presidency Thread After Hours 

Will Twitter ban him?

From the article:

"Warning labels and fact checks have not stopped President Trump from continuing to spread conspiracy theories and use violent rhetoric on Twitter, but after Inauguration Day, those kinds of tweets could land the outgoing president in hot water, and eventually cause him to be banned by the platform, a Twitter spokesperson told Forbes.

Comment

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020
Today 3:46 AM

Will Twitter ban him?
I don't think they will ban him. He is one of their most important users. Every tweet he sends out generates headlines, with the word Twitter somewhere in the article of a picture of the tweet.

You can't buy that sort of brand awareness.

If you are a shareholder in Twitter, which do you think is the better business decision?

Comment

Dylan

Jun 6, 2020

The people running Twitter announced 6 or so weeks back that Trump's presidential account would be shut down when Biden took up office, that he'll only have the same rights and obligations any account holder has from that date on, without any of the present courtesies given to a serving president holding a Twitter account.

The contents of his presidential Twitter account are going to the Library of Congress the same as those of other presidents public speeches etc.

One other thing I had a look at is the Mr President title when addressing U.S Presidents. The only one allowed use it is the serving president, retirees use Former President so it'll be Former President Trump though he'll most definitely ignore that nicety.

Comment

Sad Professor

Jun 13, 2020

I'm not sure what, if anything, would need to happen for Trump to accept reality and abandon his tantrum. The extent to which he has acted out has once again exceeded all expectations.

You have to hand it to him. No matter how bad you think he’s going to be, he always manages to be even worse than expected.

I dread to think what kind of damage he’s going to do over the next five weeks. He’s like a jealous husband who decides to kill his wife because, if he can’t have her, nobody can. I just hope that somebody can step in and stop him before he goes too far.

Comment

Ray Gin

Sep 30, 2020

Another wave of Presidential Pardon's, this time for Kushner's dad, Roger Stone and Paul Manafort, not at all surprising. Spare a thought for the law enforcement & DOJ officials who painstakingly prosecuted those twats

Comment

Soffie

Aug 3, 2020

Another wave of Presidential Pardon's, this time for Kushner's dad, Roger Stone and Paul Manafort, not at all surprising. Spare a thought for the law enforcement & DOJ officials who painstakingly prosecuted those twats

The pardon thing needs scrapping. It’s absolute nonsense that an elected official can overrule the courts

Comment

Steve

Jun 5, 2020

Fox News has him accusing Mitch McConnel and other republicans of failing to fight on his behalf regarding the outcome of the 2020 presidential election – which Trump continues to argue was "Rigged & Stolen."

"If a Democrat Presidential Candidate had an Election Rigged & Stolen, with proof of such acts at a level never seen before, the Democrat Senators would consider it an act of war, and fight to the death," Trump wrote on Twitter.

"Mitch & the Republicans do NOTHING, just want to let it pass. NO FIGHT!"

Weird how his legal team hasn't been able to provide this "proof of such acts at a level never seen before" to a court of law, isn't it. He is unreal. A serious danger to the fabric of society around the world.

Comment

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

Weird how his legal team hasn't been able to provide this "proof of such acts at a level never seen before" to a court of law, isn't it. He is unreal. A serious danger to the fabric of society around the world.
Well, it plays perfectly to his base. He is somehow able to cry foul in every possible situation and his base laps it up.

"I love the poorly educated" - Donald J Trump, 2015

Comment

Sad Professor

Jun 13, 2020