The Donald Trump Presidency Thread After Hours 

Last edited:
Too little, too late but he'll still be raging.
He's been trying to use the official POTUS account

So in the last 48 hours:

The next president is confirmed as Democrat.
The Senate joins the House of Representatives as Democrat.
Georgia goes Democrat.
Trump banned from Facebook.
Trump banned from Instagram.
Trump banned from Twitter.
Trump banned again from Twitter under a different account.
Parler app withdrawn.

After the sheer horror of midweek, things moved extremely quickly.

I can see him being impeached again too.

Comment

Dylan

Jun 6, 2020
Today 2:22 AM

Apparently, Trump's mass-mailing provider has cut him off also, so he basically has no way to get deranged rants out to his existing subscriber base unless they re-follow him on somewhere like Parler. Which is no longer on the Google Play Store.

Comment

Steve

Jun 5, 2020

What is the likelihood Republicans will vote to impeach him? I think they will let him off, personally, even they know his actions warrant it. I hope I'm wrong and they do the right thing.

Comment

Legion

Jan 5, 2021

What is the likelihood Republicans will vote to impeach him? I think they will let him off, personally, even they know his actions warrant it. I hope I'm wrong and they do the right thing.
Some will vote to impeach - Romney, Murkowski, Toomey maybe. That's 3. Maybe as many as 10. But you need 66 which is 17(?) if all the Democratic senators vote to impeach.

But they won't kick him out. Still, the impeachment needs to go forward and their names recorded for history.

Comment

Franco Pinion

Jun 8, 2020

The Democrat 50 are a lock, not a chance any of them don't vote for it.

Romney, Murkowski, Toomey at least - Collins I think has to vote for it as well given her "He's learned his lesson" tripe the last time.

My prediction is them getting to the upper fifties in the Senate - 57/58 something like that.

The telling vote for the future of the GOP is McConnell.

If he votes to remove then the party are serious about breaking from Trump.

Having said that - the RNC just unanimously supported Trump at their convention and not a single one of them felt that Trump had anything to apologies for in relation to the riots. So probably not.

Comment

Sad Professor

Jun 13, 2020

Any Republican who votes to not impeach Trump this time has no hiding place, they will be standing side by side with the insurrectionists

They also have very little to gain from supporting Trump this time, he's a lame duck, just days away from the end of his term.

Unless they plan trying to become 'the next Trump' by appealing to the Trump base for the next election cycle, they will be harming their prospects by standing up for a man who called for an insurrection against the elected government

The charge sheet could be a mile long, although for the sake of brevity, I'd say Pelosi will focus on that phone call with the Georgia Governor where trump tried to get him to commit electoral fraud, and the events leading up to and including the 6th of January's assault on the Capitol building while the senate was in session.

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

Unless they plan trying to become 'the next Trump' by appealing to the Trump base for the next election cycle, they will be harming their prospects by standing up for a man who called for an insurrection against the elected government
That's a definite possibility for some. Those 74 million votes have to go somewhere.

Comment

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

The GOP have the perfect opportunity now to rid themselves of Trump and ensure he doesn't threaten them in 2024, but they won't, for some weird reason. Parts of that party are like a cult now.

Comment

8-Ball

Aug 4, 2020