David76

Jun 7, 2020
Today 11:02 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Expanse

Genre: Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2015-12-14

Creator: Mark Fergus, Hawk Ostby

Cast: Steven Strait, Cas Anvar, Wes Chatham, Dominique Tipper, Shohreh Aghdashloo, Frankie Adams, Cara Gee

Overview: A thriller set two hundred years in the future following the case of a missing young woman who brings a hardened detective and a rogue ship's captain together in a race across the solar system to expose the greatest conspiracy in human history.

Snoops

Jul 16, 2020

Anyone else think the last four episodes have been poor?
I remember this being one of the weaker parts of the books too. I always thought Naomi was the least interesting of the crew and I wasn't too fond of Peaches in the book either so she is actually an improvement. Michio/Drummer was the only really good part.

This whole season/book is mostly set up for the next one

Comment

Birdman

Jun 6, 2020

Anyone else think the last four episodes have been poor?
I think that it's been wonderful. What's not to like?

Mars is collapsing with Bobbi and Alex getting the word out in time. Avasarala is back. Inaros is horrifically toxic to those following him. Amos shows wonderful self awareness that he NEEDS Holden et al. He wants to be a good guy but knows he has no filter, so needs good people to guide him

Holden and Naomi had to take a step back to allow the non ring plot to develop. But still keeping them central.

The only thing that I'm missing is the Roci

Comment

Welshy

Jul 9, 2020

The Expanse has often been compared to Game of Thrones in terms of its overall plot, kingdoms squabbling while a larger threat percolates in the background, but this season is the closest it has come to copying how it structured its seasons, multiple storylines (pov's) that we drop in on every week building to a climax at season end. It worked in GoT it works here for me because I'm invested in these characters.
The only thing that I'm missing is the Roci
Do I want another season of disparate storylines of the scattered Roci crew? No!

Comment

Tom

Jun 6, 2020

Very good finale for sure, loved the way Amos got "Peaches" onto the Roci. Only bit I didn't get was what happened to the MCRN ship just as the admiral was outlining his plans for the fifth Reich? I haven't read the books so maybe obvious to anyone who has.

Comment