Birdman

6 Jun 2020
Today 11:54 PM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2021-03-19

Creator: Malcolm Spellman

Cast: Anthony Mackie, Sebastian Stan, Daniel Brühl, Emily VanCamp, Wyatt Russell, Danny Ramirez, Miki Ishikawa, Desmond Chiam

Overview: Following the events of “Avengers: Endgame”, the Falcon, Sam Wilson and the Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes team up in a global adventure that tests their abilities, and their patience.

Birdman

6 Jun 2020

Fairly generic looking, with a MCU coat of paint. And as fun as a duo of bickering leads can be, it doesn't work if they both look just as dead-eyed as the other.

Comment

David76

7 Jun 2020

That opening action scene was amazing. Great to see Falcon's skills being showcased when he isn't part of an ensemble. I wonder if the format of the series will be one major action sequence per episode.

I liked the character work with Bucky too.

Comment

Bandit

6 Jun 2020

The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
The Star-Spangled Man
Season: 1
Episode: 2
Air date: 2021-03-26

Guest stars: Carl Lumbly, Neal Kodinsky, Amy Aquino, Clé Bennett, Desmond Chiam, Dani Deetté, Indya Bussey, Renes Rivera, Tyler Dean Flores, Ness Bautista, Elijah Richardson, Noah Mills, Gabrielle Byndloss, Mike Ray, Sara Haines, Scott Parks, Richard Christian Wooley, Ian Covell, Jonathan Horne, JeCobi Swain, Rashaad Horne, Monique McNeal, Hayley Daykin, Taya Bluiett, Sheena Brown, Sheneè Campbell
John Walker is named Captain America, and Sam and Bucky team up against a rebel group.

I liked it better than last week's episode but the chemistry between the two leads really isn't there. Marvel have a formula to these things, and so feel they have to insert their comedic moments, but it doesn't really suit these characters; and that comes across.

The character of John Walker does intrigue me. Don't know about anyone else but I think the actor bears a striking resemblance to Harry Kane.

I'm finding the redhead, Karli, tough to buy as a threat though.

Comment

David76

7 Jun 2020

The finale was decent, not as good as the rest of the season I thought.

I thought Sam’s uniform looked department store level, really bad. And the moment when the onlookers said “Look, it’s Black Falcon”.....”Nah, that’s Captain America”, was maybe necessary, but cheesy as feck. I eye rolled.

There were some nice elements though. Overall I loved the series, even if the finale wasn’t as good as I hoped.

Comment