Aug 20, 2020
Today 3:29 PM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Mandalorian

Genre: Sci-Fi & Fantasy, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2019-11-12

Creator: Jon Favreau

Cast: Pedro Pascal

Overview: After the fall of the Galactic Empire, lawlessness has spread throughout the galaxy. A lone gunfighter makes his way through the outer reaches, earning his keep as a bounty hunter.

Ray Gin

Sep 30, 2020

The Mandalorian
Chapter 11: The Heiress
Season: 2
Episode: 3
Air date: 2020-11-13

Guest stars: Katee Sackhoff, Misty Rosas, Mercedes Kaestner-Varnado, Simon Kassianides, Titus Welliver, Giancarlo Esposito, Norwood Cheek, Kevin Dorff, Alexander Wraith, Philip Alexander, John Cameron
The Mandalorian braves high seas and meets unexpected allies.

Brilliant episode, I'll need to watch the first 3 episodes again though as I find myself getting distracted by the visuals it's like being a kid again, it looks fantastic.

Definitely going to watch The Clone Wars soon, I started it a while back and really enjoyed it then put it to one side when series 1 of The Mandalorian started.

Comment

Franco Pinion

Jun 8, 2020

The Mandalorian
Chapter 16: The Rescue
Season: 2
Episode: 8
Air date: 2020-12-18

Guest stars: Omid Abtahi, Ming-Na Wen, Temuera Morrison, Katee Sackhoff, Sasha Banks, Mark Hamill, Giancarlo Esposito, Gina Carano, Thomas E. Sullivan, Luke Baines, Katy O'Brian, Gabriel Ebert, Max Lloyd-Jones, Matthew Wood, Chris Bartlett
The Mandalorian and his allies attempt a daring rescue.

Great finale. I've just blabbed like a girl, cheered, sat with my mouth open, cheered again and then said..."WTF?". What an ending.

Really enjoyed the first series but this second series has been exceptional. While I liked the prequel and sequel films in their own way this is the Star Wars I've wanted to see since 1983.

Comment

Dylan

Jun 6, 2020

Loved it, great episode, great season.

Be interesting to see where they go now. You'd imagine they'll explore this dark sabre stuff more, which I'm a bit meh on as I find Katee Sackhoff to be a very poor actress, and although I love Sasha Banks, she's not great either. But then she does have the excuse of not actually being an actress.

Comment

Bandit

Jun 6, 2020

The last episode was excellent and I loved....

the fact Luke came back to rescue them all. soon as that x-wing arrived I was like a giddy kipper. Took me back to the original films.

I thought the first 2 episodes of series 2 were pretty bad, but after those the rest were much better. Looking forward to Dec 2021.

Comment

Legion

Jan 5, 2021

The final episode was excellent, but I was a little underwhelmed by the dark troopers. I wanted to see them go apeshit for a bit before being defeated. They were very easily disposed of, twice.

Comment

Cherub

Jun 6, 2020

Gina Carano has been fired.

The final straw seems to be a post on social media saying being a Republican today is akin to being Jewish during the Holocaust.

Gemma
Gemma commented
I don’t know what she was posting it seems like a lot of people saw this coming so I’m guessing that Lucasfilm had expressed displeasure in the past and/or Favreau had advised her on the consequences of continuing.

She hasn’t lost a job - she was a recurring guest star. So has lost future jobs.

They can easily get another female action hero to take over whatever part she was to play in the future.

Lucasfilm released a statement to Variety, saying: "Gina Carano is not currently employed by Lucasfilm and there are no plans for her to be in the future. Nevertheless, her social media posts denigrating people based on their cultural and religious identities are abhorrent and unacceptable."

David76
David76 commented
She has posted a lot of questionable stuff on social media anti-trans, anti-vac, pandemic denying, rigged election etc she was given plenty of chances to tone it down and didn't.

Tom
Tom commented
No great loss to acting anyway. I thought she was a bloody awful actor with all the range of a ... well, an ex-sports fighter.

As to the offence, she only has herself to blame