This Week I'm Mostly Reading General Chat 

What books are you currently reading?

I've just finished John Steinbeck's The Grapes Of Wrath. Great book, don't really know why it has taken me so long to read it.

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020
Today 2:26 AM

What books are you currently reading?

I've just finished John Steinbeck's The Grapes Of Wrath. Great book, don't really know why it has taken me so long to read it.
One of the best books ever for me, I’ve read it twice and only started listening on audible in the past few days (haven’t read it in over 10 years), the reader on audible is superb, dramatises every part, highly recommended.

I'm just finishing off Travellers in the Third Reich by Julia Boyd. Really good read - well written, thoroughly researched and packed with fascinating anecdotes.

Comment

Steve

Jun 5, 2020

Finished The Hidden Girl and other stories - loved nearly every story, great sci-fi stories with a not-so-thinly veiled eco-warning message.

Starting Circe by Madeleine Miller next. Not my usual kind of thing but it comes recommended.

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

Reading Finders Keepers by Mark Bowden

It's a true story about a guy who found 1.2 million dollars that literally fell off an armoured car! It was made into a movie "Money for Nothing" starring John Cusack that I saw years ago. The true story is way different from the movie!

Comment

Emma

Jun 7, 2020