This Week I'm Mostly Reading General Chat 

Absolutely LOVE the early Kay Scarpetta books! I still dig them out every few years.

Personally, I think they start deteriorating from around The Last Precinct onwards, the last couple I tried I found practically unreadable. But the earlier ones are just great!
Couldn’t agree more. I was a great fan in the early days but later books are poor.

Comment

Janey

Jun 8, 2020
Today 3:00 AM

I just finished Richard Osmond's book The Thursday Murder Club. It is a really easy, enjoyable read, not earth shattering.

I see it being classified as a "cozy" mystery, that about sums it up. Its already being made into a film.

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

The Way Of All Flesh written under pseudonym Ambrose Parry. Crime/mystery set in 19th century Edinburgh with real historical places and people but obviously fictionalised. Writers are actually Christopher Brookmyre and Marisa Haetzman.

Comment

Best

Jul 6, 2020

Just finished "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo". Absolutely enthralling read, haven’t seen the film so I'll need to watch that.

1 Comment
Dylan
Dylan commented
I remember watching the film knowing nothing about it years ago and wasn't expecting much cos it was the missus who wanted to watch it. Really wasn't expecting how strange and graphic it was.

It was good though.

Son Of Jack

Jun 12, 2020

Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer, never read one of his books before, always had them down as mass-market trash in my mind for some reason but I'm totally sucked in by this, read it until 3am last night, it won't last until the weekend.

Comment

Snoops

Jul 16, 2020

The Stand - Stephen King.

The missus got me a Kindle for Christmas. Surprisingly enjoyable to read on.

I've read a few Stephen King novels, mostly enjoyed them, so thought I'd give this a go!

Comment

Dylan

Jun 6, 2020