Donna

3 Sep 2020
Today 7:33 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Time

Genre: Drama

First aired: 2021-06-06

Creator: Jimmy McGovern

Cast: Stephen Graham, Sean Bean, Hannah Walters, James Nelson-Joyce, Nabil Elouahabi, Natalie Gavin, Nadine Marshall, Sue Johnston, David Calder, Kevin Harvey, Jack McMullen, Siobhan Finneran, Cal Macaninch, Brian McCardie

Overview: A prisoner consumed by guilt, an officer with an impossible choice. What does it take to survive? A tense story of punishment and principles, starring Sean Bean and Stephen Graham.

Donna

3 Sep 2020

Finished all 3 - it is all on iPlayer if you don't want to wait another week for the BBC to show it. It is a fantastic bit of TV.

Very bleak in parts. I've never been in prison or known anyone in prison but it felt very realistic.

Comment

Tom

6 Jun 2020

We watched all 3 too.

A very dark and bleak watch at times. You definitely shouldn’t watch it if you’re not in the best of form. I don’t think it offered anything much new to the "prison drama" genre. A lot of the themes and characters you’ll have seen in countless prison dramas and it did lean on the odd prison cliche or two.

However, overall, I really enjoyed it, mainly due to the two leads. Both great actors that elevate anything they’re in.

Comment