What's new
22 new posts in the past 24 hours

Underrated Films You Like That Others Think Are Rubbish Movie 

Mouth

Threads

There is a whole host of underrated films that people tend to palm off as being rubbish but I tend to disagree with and think they are decent movies. One that comes to mind is Airheads (1994).

People went mad about Wayne's World back then, watch it now - bloody hell, best of luck getting to the end. The sequel is dire stuff too.

Airheads, while it's similar and to be fair, arguably a copy of Waynes World, early-mid '90s nonsense, it has something about it. It features, Adam Sandler, Steve Buscemi, Brendan Fraser, Cosmo Kramer, Fat Tony/that bloke from Criminal Minds/Chuck McGill...and MORE! (well maybe one or two more).

What underrated films do you like that people seem to think are rubbish?

Tom

Threads

The Counsellor - 2013

Great cast (Javier Bardem, Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, Brad Pitt, Natalie Dormer). Stylish and sexy, some great dialogue (script by Cormac McCarthy) and a great morality play. Cameron Diaz is great in it. The extended cut version is even better.

Comment

Zidane

Threads

Limitless. Got sloppy reviews, I thought it was brilliant

Ironclad which stars James Purefoy, Paul Giamatti, Derek Jacobi and Lars Kulich. I thought it was a great medieval action movie, loosely based on the siege of Rochester Castle.

Comment

Mendalla

Threads

The Adventures of Buckaroom Banzai Across the Eighth Dimension. Great little cult movie that definitely doesn't appeal to everyone. Sadly (but not surprisingly) the sequel they reference in the end credits never got made.

Comment