Vitamin D Deficiency General Chat 

Has anybody been diagnosed with this, just had results from a blood test saying that I have very low levels. Would explain the pains in my arms and legs and general tiredness. Been prescribed the maximum dose to take for 7 weeks, with a blood test in a month to see if my levels are improving.

The doctor has said its a lot more common this year with lockdowns etc.

Katy

Oct 21, 2020
Today 7:36 AM

Has anybody been diagnosed with this, just had results from a blood test saying that I have very low levels. Would explain the pains in my arms and legs and general tiredness. Been prescribed the maximum dose to take for 7 weeks, with a blood test in a month to see if my levels are improving.

Sorry to hear that Katy, I take a daily multivitamin but nothing about vitamin D has ever flagged up in my blood tests - I'm sure the tablets will do the trick x

You might want to look at getting a "sun lamp"

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

I take D but have never been deficient, just low due to Canadian winter lack of sun. It's not just the short days here (in fact, I'm in the southernmost part of Canada so we are better off than a lot of Europe in that regard). Southwestern Ontario gets a lot of cloud cover in the winter, too, so even in the daytime, we don't get a lot of sun some years.

Comment

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 2:36 AM

Vitamin D can have a big impact on your general mood and at worst can even assist in pushing people towards depression. Always good to be on top of it but even more so if you have a natural shortage.

Comment

Cherub

Jun 6, 2020

I take a vitamin D tablet every day, sometimes a pill, sometimes effervescent.

I was told that because I work in an industrial building with no natural light and always wear suncream when I go out in the summer I would not get enough vitamin D naturally, as even though I eat a balanced diet this is not enough to get the levels needed.

Comment

Best

Jul 6, 2020