David76

Jun 7, 2020
Today 11:42 AM

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Warrior Nun

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2020-07-02

Creator: Simon Barry

Cast: Alba Baptista, Toya Turner, Tristán Ulloa, Thekla Reuten, Kristina Tonteri-Young, Lorena Andrea, Emilio Sakraya, May Simón Lifschitz

Overview: After waking up in a morgue, an orphaned teen discovers she now possesses superpowers as the chosen Halo-Bearer for a secret sect of demon-hunting nuns.

David76

Jun 7, 2020

This looks, well, I don't know. The "superpowers as analogy of adolescence" feels utterly played out and don't care for, but as a trashy summer show, it could have potential.

The evil plan being a TV budget version of "Doom" got my attention too.

Comment

Aimie

Jul 1, 2020

I saw the trailer for this earlier and it seems like one of those things that will either be beyond terrible or completely amazing. I'll definitely be giving it a shot.

Comment

hannah

Jul 5, 2020

Wrapped up the fourth episode. I was hoping for an action packed summer movie style romp with demon slaying with banter and well it's anything but that sadly. The best description is cliche low budget teenage drama.

Comment

Gemma

Jun 4, 2020

Wrapped up the fourth episode. I was hoping for an action packed summer movie style romp with demon slaying with banter and well it's anything but that sadly. The best description is cliche low budget teenage drama.
I was hoping for something like Wynonna Earp, real stakes and drama but doesn't take itself too seriously, bit of fun and plenty of laughs thrown in with the action.

I've seen a few people say they've finished it already and are hoping for more, so maybe it improves.

Comment

hannah

Jul 5, 2020

I was hoping for something like Wynonna Earp, real stakes and drama but doesn't take itself too seriously, bit of fun and plenty of laughs thrown in with the action.

I've seen a few people say they've finished it already and are hoping for more, so maybe it improves.
Finished episode 6; had a good scene with "I just want to be normal" scene, it was the first real laugh out loud moment. The main character has been an annoying twerp so far but it's slowly improving. I can fully understand people wanting more because I don't see a clear resolution to happen in the last 4 episodes and to date, it's been all about setting the scene so to speak.

Comment