Tom

6 Jun 2020
Today 10:33 PM

Just watched the Dogs of War again, forgot what an awesome movie it is, Christopher Walken is the main star, it's a mercenary film set in a small African country and based on a Fredrick Forsyth book of the same name. Really good watch and didn't feel dated even though it was made in 1980 I think.

Comment

hannah

5 Jul 2020

Out of Time

An old Denzel Washington thriller. I've never seen it before. Plenty of twists and turns to keep the mind occupied. Never a dull moment in it. Bit daft overall, but if you switch the brain off, and just take it for what it is, it's quite good. Pretty similar to an older Kevin Costner movie - Nowhere to Run.

Comment

Gemma

4 Jun 2020

Zodiac (2007)

It had been a long time since I saw this from start to finish. It holds up really well. A compelling story about the impact on the lives of those investigating the murder spree. It feels like a very authentic portrayal of California in the late ’60s/early ’70s.

Great cast and soundtrack.

Comment

Tom

6 Jun 2020

London Has Fallen

Another in the "leave your brain outside before viewing" category and there's lots of non-stop action. Implausible plot and the complete penetration of the Metropolitan Police by dozens of terrorists is hard to take seriously. Nevertheless, if you like seeing hordes of baddies being wasted this may be for you.

Comment

Oblivion Knight

11 Jun 2020

I watched The Big Lebowski for the first time today, having had it recommended to me a number of times and I thought a film would be the perfect hangover recovery.. 🤣

I enjoyed it, but unfortunately felt that is was a bit overhyped. Perhaps because of its age, and because I've seen other films that have come after it which did similar things but slightly better.. Got to be mindful of when the film came out.

Comment

Tom

6 Jun 2020

Cape Fear. I hadn't seen it in years. What a great film and cast. The scene with De Niro and Juliette Lewis in the theatre was so good.

Comment

Lisa

23 Aug 2020

Death Becomes Her

I remember being scared by some of the scenes as a child.

It’s a very watchable black comedy with Bruce Willis, Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn and Isabella Rossellini all performing well.

Comment

Boot Cleaner

24 Jan 2021

Fired up "Speed" for its annual run.

Along with "Die Hard" this one has everything. Pretty much non stop action from the start. Hard to believe its nearly 30 years old. Apart from the office/lift scene which the clothes may date its timeless.

Bona fide classic.

Comment

Keren

15 Jun 2021

I stuck on Booksmart yesterday wanting something a bit light and daft, and really enjoyed it. I remember it getting good feedback on release, but hadn't realised it was this good - it puts me in mind of something like 10 Things I Hate About You with a hyper-distorted lens on high school, rather than just lazily going for clichés and stereotypes. The interaction between Amy and Molly was really fun to watch and made their friendship believable; I also liked that the film didn't really have any antagonists as such.

Comment