What Was The Last Movie You Watched? Movie 

The Martian

Matt Damon gets stranded on Mars when his crew assume he's dead and evacuate in a storm and has to survive in his wee base with hardly any rations etc while Chiwetel Eljiofor, Sean Bean and others on earth work out how to rescue or resupply him. Watchable enough but too long, strangely pitched and the usual issue with castaway movies of the main character not having anyone to bounce off. Large parts of the film felt like the bit in Apollo 13 where the guys on the ground are trying to work out how to fit the square peg in the round hole with the materials in the craft.

Comment

Tom

Jun 6, 2020
Today 3:12 AM

Elizabeth Is Missing

An old lady with dementia is trying to find her missing friend, which brings up flashbacks of her missing sister, from some 50 years ago.

It will resonate with many and its a hard watch at times. Seeing her frustration at not remembering things, not understanding and her daughters despair at dealing with her Mum's illness etc is just heartbreaking. I thought it was very well done all round especially Glenda Jackson who was quite superb.

Comment

Bandit

Jun 6, 2020

The Martian

Matt Damon gets stranded on Mars when his crew assume he's dead and evacuate in a storm and has to survive in his wee base with hardly any rations etc while Chiwetel Eljiofor, Sean Bean and others on earth work out how to rescue or resupply him. Watchable enough but too long, strangely pitched and the usual issue with castaway movies of the main character not having anyone to bounce off. Large parts of the film felt like the bit in Apollo 13 where the guys on the ground are trying to work out how to fit the square peg in the round hole with the materials in the craft.
I don't want to be the "I prefer the book" person but I thoroughly recommend reading The Martian. Matt Damon's character is absolutely brilliant, almost like someone out of an Irvine Welsh novel.

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020

Mr Holmes - Ian McKellen stars as the now-retired Sherlock Holmes, his memory is now failing him. Along with the son of his housekeeper, he's trying to remember the facts behind his final case, the case that caused him to retire. Told in a series of flashbacks it's a nice gentle tale. The type of film that used to be on TV on a Sunday afternoon when I was younger.

Comment

Snoops

Jul 16, 2020

Red Sparrow. Jennifer Lawrence as a Russian ballet star turned spy by her sincere sounding, but ultimately creepy uncle. She's eventually sent to state seduction school for spies in order to find out the identity of an internal mole. Super silly plot.

Once again the book is better.

Comment

Jess

Jun 6, 2020