Gemma

Jun 4, 2020
Today 12:29 PM

....that you have tried multiple times to master but have never quite reached perfection, as of yet?!

Mine would have to be a Carbonara, I have tried several recipes and none of them have ever quite turned out how I anticipate. I have followed the recipe exactly as they say and yet, no matter how many times I try, it never quite tastes the same as those in a restaurant (then again, I am not a professional chef haha!)

Mendalla

Aug 29, 2020
Today 7:29 AM

Hmm. Not sure. Have to think about it. I tend to stick to stuff I know well these days and my wife is Chinese so doesn't really work from recipes.

My son made us a good carbonara last time he was home actually. Not sure how it ranks because I don't eat carbonara that much. I think he learned it by watching Gordon Ramsey or some such TV chef on Youtube.

Comment

Soffie

Aug 3, 2020

Apple tarte tatin.

Have tried numerous times. Theyā€™re all edible, but not right. Too burnt or not caramelized, soggy pastry, too runny - thankfully, not all at the same time šŸ˜†

Looks simple, but itā€™s not. Iā€™m going to keep trying.

1 Comment
Donna
Donna commented
I imagine that is quite a tricky recipe though, I canā€™t say I have ever tried to make one myself, but I already know that it would probably turn out soggy. Have you tried different recipes, too or are you trying to master one specific one?

Donna

Sep 3, 2020

I'm just happy if it's edible and if I don't like the taste of something I don't do it again

I have made bread over and over, by hand, but that never turns out how I want.

Comment

Lisa

Aug 23, 2020

The one other recipe that I can sometimes do really well and other time not so well would have to be roast potatoes!! Sometimes they come out really good and other times, they are just not quite up to scratch!

Comment