• The new season of NFL Fantasy is now open for registrations. Anyone wishing to participate please sign up before August 16 2026.
    EPL and NFL Pickem pools are now open for registration
    EPL Ultimate Team is now open for registration. The new season kicks off on August 21 2026.
    NEW GAME: Club Manager is now live. Go register your team for the upcoming season.

Formula One 2024 Season Motor Sport 

Thread Insights AI
6/10

The post provides relevant information about the 2024 Formula One season, including key dates and events, but lacks context and analysis that would enhance its value to the community.

Franco Pinion Community Regular
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem is under investigation for allegedly interfering with a Formula 1 race last year, multiple sources have reported.

Yet more allegations.

Mohammed Ben Sulayem, president of Formula 1's governing body, allegedly told officials not to certify the Las Vegas circuit for its race last year.

 
Tom Rising Star

Tom

The woman who accused team principal Christian Horner of inappropriate and controlling behaviour has been suspended by Red Bull.

"The company cannot comment on this internal matter," a Red Bull spokesperson said on Thursday.

Reports suggest the reason given by Red Bull to the employee was that she had been dishonest.
 
Recycling Bin Contributor
Dramatic development at Red Bull tonight, as it emerges Helmut Marko could be suspended as a result of a fresh investigation launched by the team regarding media leaks.

On track RB is unstoppable, off track they are a shambles.

I am now thinking that Horner has done nothing wrong and others just want him out for whatever reason.

I wonder what Ford thinks of all this?
 
Dylan Proficient
Dramatic development at Red Bull tonight, as it emerges Helmut Marko could be suspended as a result of a fresh investigation launched by the team regarding media leaks.

On track RB is unstoppable, off track they are a shambles.

I am now thinking that Horner has done nothing wrong and others just want him out for whatever reason.

I wonder what Ford thinks of all this?
This has been my theory since the end of the investigation. Someone clearly trying a power play. Jos comments last week only further cemented that.
 
Bandit Collaborator
Dramatic development at Red Bull tonight, as it emerges Helmut Marko could be suspended as a result of a fresh investigation launched by the team regarding media leaks.

On track RB is unstoppable, off track they are a shambles.

I am now thinking that Horner has done nothing wrong and others just want him out for whatever reason.

I wonder what Ford thinks of all this?
Max Verstappen has told Sky Sports his Red Bull future depends on Helmut Marko staying at the team.

Amid the ongoing scrutiny on Red Bull following the conclusion of the investigation into Christian Horner, which resulted in allegations of inappropriate behaviour made against the team principal by a female colleague being dismissed, questions surrounding Marko's future at the team have emerged at the Saudi Arabian GP.

Marko, who is employed as a motorsport advisor by Austrian parent company Red Bull GmbH rather than the F1 team directly, was a close confidant of Dietrich Mateschitz, the company's co-founder who died in October 2022, and has been a senior figure during the company's two decades in the sport, overseeing its young driver programme of which Verstappen is a star graduate.

Asked by Austrian TV channel ORF about the possibility of a suspension being imposed from Monday, Marko said: "I'll put it this way, it's difficult to judge, or let's put it this way, ultimately, I'll decide for myself what I do.

"The theoretical possibility always exists. I think it's such a complex issue. Again, we want peace in the team. This world championship will be difficult enough with 24 races and we have to concentrate on that."

"There is so much speculation and the like going around," said Marko. "I have another meeting tomorrow [Saturday] and then we'll see. But as I said, everything has to be right for me to want to continue working there."

Speaking to Sky Sports F1 after qualifying on pole position for Saturday's Saudi Arabian GP, Verstappen, when asked what impact any exit for Marko would have on him, replied: "Helmut and I, we have a lot of respect for each other.

"My loyalty in general to Red Bull, but also to him, after all for what he has done for me goes very far.

"I've always said, especially after Dietrich's passing, with everyone in the team, that I find it really important that we keep the key team together because that's how we have performed really well and that's how we will perform really well in the future. They know that.

"For me, Helmut is a very key factor in that and he has to stay for me, for sure."

Asked directly if Marko needed to stay for him to also stay, Verstappen said: "I've always said that to the team, they know that."
 
Cappuccino Kid Enthusiast
Interesting interview with Christian Horner on Sky.

When asked about Max he almost used the no one is bigger than the team line, and dodged a question about whether there's anyone tension between them. It was the no one is bigger than the team line that stood out for me
 
Franco Pinion Community Regular
Interesting interview with Christian Horner on Sky.

When asked about Max he almost used the no one is bigger than the team line, and dodged a question about whether there's anyone tension between them. It was the no one is bigger than the team line that stood out for me
Which is not necessarily true in motorsport.

Especially at Red Bull, without Adrian Newey, they would not have the advantages they do now.
 
Franco Pinion Community Regular
Felipe Massa has filed a lawsuit in London against the FIA, Formula One Management and Bernie Ecclestone over the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix.

Massa is seeking up to $82m in damages, which includes the prize money he lost and other potential deals he would have obtained as an F1 champion.

The former Ferrari driver's representatives confirmed they had filed legal action in the London High Court on Monday.

The Brazilian has claimed since last year he was the "rightful" 2008 world champion due to the incident known as Crashgate at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix when Nelson Piquet Jr. deliberately crashed to help Renault team-mate Fernando Alonso win the race.

Piquet's accident led to a Safety Car during which a botched Ferrari pit stop saw Ferrari's Massa fall from leader to a 13th-placed finish.

The incident had a significant impact on the outcome of the drivers' title race, with Massa missing out by a point when Lewis Hamilton overtook Timo Glock at the final corner of the final lap of the season in Brazil.

Law firm Vieira Rezende said in a statement that had the FIA "acted properly, Mr. Massa would have won the Drivers' Championship that year".

"Mr. Massa also seeks damages for the significant financial loss he has suffered due to the FIA's failure, in which Mr. Ecclestone and FOM were also complicit," a statement read.

"As Mr. Ecclestone has admitted, there was 'enough information in time to investigate the matter' in 2008 and 'cancel the race in Singapore'.

"Mr. Ecclestone further affirmed that, had the results of the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix been cancelled, 'Felipe Massa would have become world champion' and that Mr. Massa 'was cheated out of the title he deserved'.

"Attempts to find an amicable resolution have been unsuccessful, leaving Mr. Massa with no choice but to initiate legal proceedings.

"Recent events naturally demonstrate that issues of transparency and integrity in Formula One remain relevant, and it is clear that serious work is needed to restore its credibility and long-term future.

"Although the FIA investigation in 2009 concluded that it had 'never before considered charges as serious', even after the revelations brought forward last year, the results of the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix still stand and remain officially sanctioned by the FIA."
 
Scotty G Enthusiast
The woman in the Christian Horner controversy has lodged an official complaint about his behaviour with Formula 1's governing body, the FIA.

This comes after Red Bull boss Christian Horner was found not guilty of inappropriate behaviour in a private investigation. The woman was later suspended from her role with the team.

She will also ask Red Bull to reconsider its decision.
 
Franco Pinion Community Regular
According to sources close to the world of Formula 1, it seems that Carlos Sainz is emerging as the favourite to secure the coveted seat at Mercedes for the 2025 season. His impressive performance in previous seasons and his ability to quickly adapt to different teams place him in a strong position to make the leap to one of the most prestigious teams on the grid. Additionally, it is rumored that Kimi Antonelli could be in talks with Williams to join the team. Antonelli has been a standout figure in the development categories, and his potential arrival at Williams could mark an exciting new chapter in his Formula 1 career.
 
Previous Thread
Random Guy Random Guy 1 371
Next Thread
Cappuccino Kid Cappuccino Kid 6 659
Back
Top Bottom