• The new season of NFL Fantasy is now open for registrations. Anyone wishing to participate please sign up before August 16 2026.
    EPL and NFL Pickem pools are now open for registration
    EPL Ultimate Team is now open for registration. The new season kicks off on August 21 2026.
    NEW GAME: Club Manager is now live. Go register your team for the upcoming season.

Formula One 2024 Season Motor Sport 

Thread Insights AI
6/10

The post provides relevant information about the 2024 Formula One season, including key dates and events, but lacks context and analysis that would enhance its value to the community.

Dylan Proficient
Franco Colapinto will race alongside Alex Albon for the remainder of the 2024 Formula One season, replacing Logan Sargeant, Williams Racing announced Tuesday.

Sargeant joined the grid last season and only scored one point during his time in F1. Speculation had circled whether a midseason driver change would be possible, but it was renewed after the American driver suffered a heavy crash at Zandvoort last weekend resulting in his car catching on fire.

"To replace a driver midseason is not a decision we have taken lightly, but we believe this gives Williams the best chance to compete for points over the remainder of the season," team boss James Vowles said in a statement. "We have just brought a large upgrade to the car and need to maximize every points-scoring opportunity in a remarkably tight midfield battle."

Vowles added: "This is undoubtedly incredibly tough on Logan, who has given his all throughout his time with Williams, and we want to thank him for all his hard work and positive attitude. Logan remains a talented driver and we will support him to continue his racing career for the future. I know that Franco has great speed and huge potential, and we look forward to seeing what he can do in Formula 1."

Colapinto, who is part of the Williams Racing Driver Academy, made his FP1 debut earlier this year at the British Grand Prix. He spent two successful seasons in Formula Three, finishing ninth in 2022 and fourth last year. The 21-year-old is in his second Formula Two season now and sits sixth in the standings after a single race win and two second-place finishes. Colapinto is the first Argentinian driver to race in F1 since Gaston Mazzacane in 2001.
Not shocked Sargeant has gone but I am shocked at his replacement.
 
Tom Rising Star

Tom

After much speculation about his future, Adrian Newey has joined Aston Martin.

Adrian Newey says he has joined Aston Martin to help lead them to the Formula 1 World Championship.

The 65-year-old designer's new contract, with the title of managing technical partner, was announced on Tuesday at the team's F1 base at Silverstone.

Newey, regarded as the greatest F1 designer in history, has also become an Aston Martin shareholder.

The team did not initially reveal the length of the deal, but BBC Sport has been told it is a five-year contract worth up to a possible £30m a year, including bonuses and add-ons.

That figure, barring Dutchman Max Verstappen and the British pair of Lewis Hamilton and Lando Norris, is believed to be more than all the drivers are earning.

Newey said he was "hugely inspired and impressed by the passion and commitment" of team owner Lawrence Stroll.

The Canadian billionaire has already invested hundreds of millions in a new factory, including a state-of-the-art wind tunnel, and secured a factory engine partnership with Honda from 2026.

The Japanese company have supplied Red Bull, the current world champions, since 2019.

Aston Martin also have two-time world champion Fernando Alonso under contract until the end of 2026.

Alonso said: "It's an incredible day for the team. Lawrence's vision is taking shape with this building, Honda, Adrian - this is definitely the team of the future and for me it is going to be an incredible opportunity professionally to work with Adrian."
 
Franco Pinion Community Regular
After much speculation about his future, Adrian Newey has joined Aston Martin.

Adrian Newey says he has joined Aston Martin to help lead them to the Formula 1 World Championship.

The 65-year-old designer's new contract, with the title of managing technical partner, was announced on Tuesday at the team's F1 base at Silverstone.

Newey, regarded as the greatest F1 designer in history, has also become an Aston Martin shareholder.

The team did not initially reveal the length of the deal, but BBC Sport has been told it is a five-year contract worth up to a possible £30m a year, including bonuses and add-ons.

That figure, barring Dutchman Max Verstappen and the British pair of Lewis Hamilton and Lando Norris, is believed to be more than all the drivers are earning.

Newey said he was "hugely inspired and impressed by the passion and commitment" of team owner Lawrence Stroll.

The Canadian billionaire has already invested hundreds of millions in a new factory, including a state-of-the-art wind tunnel, and secured a factory engine partnership with Honda from 2026.

The Japanese company have supplied Red Bull, the current world champions, since 2019.

Aston Martin also have two-time world champion Fernando Alonso under contract until the end of 2026.

Alonso said: "It's an incredible day for the team. Lawrence's vision is taking shape with this building, Honda, Adrian - this is definitely the team of the future and for me it is going to be an incredible opportunity professionally to work with Adrian."
Newey to Aston Martin is a massive statement by Aston Martin that they want a world title, the question is can they win one?

It can't have been just for the money, AM must have given him something that he saw and thought yeah this is the place for me.

2026 is going to be a big year for them, a Newey car and a Honda engine, but who will be driving for them, Stroll will never ever be in a position to win one, no matter what car he is in, but with daddy bankroling the team, he is going nowhere.

I have read that in 2026, one from either Carlos Sainz, Yuki Tsunoda and Lando Norris could be driving for them.

There is Alonso, coud he still be there? In 2018, working with a Honda power unit was enough to push Alonso into an early retirement with the Spaniard famously calling it a "GP2 engine"
 
Franco Pinion Community Regular
Former German F1 Driver, Ralph Schumacher, suggests: "Unfortunately, it looks like Singapore will be Daniel Ricciardo's last race. Liam Lawson will likely take over from then on. This was probably part of the contract, or else (Red Bull) would have lost (Lawson)."
 
Silverback Apprentice
I'm surprised Ricciardo has lasted this long.

Colapinto is also being highly considered for the second Sauber seat, it's pretty much guaranteed it'll be a South American driver for them next year.
 
Franco Pinion Community Regular
Max Verstappen was summoned to the stewards for dropping an f-bomb at yesterday's Singapore Grand Prix press conference.

stewards.webp

He's been handed community service for saying the car was "f***ed" during the press conference.

Absolutely ridiculous by FIA
 
Scotty G Enthusiast
Former German F1 Driver, Ralph Schumacher, suggests: "Unfortunately, it looks like Singapore will be Daniel Ricciardo's last race. Liam Lawson will likely take over from then on. This was probably part of the contract, or else (Red Bull) would have lost (Lawson)."
Ricciardo is made for NASCAR IMO.
 
Dylan Proficient
Max Verstappen was summoned to the stewards for dropping an f-bomb at yesterday's Singapore Grand Prix press conference.

View attachment 6292

He's been handed community service for saying the car was "f***ed" during the press conference.

Absolutely ridiculous by FIA
Max gave one-word answers in the press conference after qualifying then talked to journalists outside. It was a stupid decision by the FIA. I like this sort of push back.

Max is 100% right, Lando and Hamilton agreed with him. Sulayem is a clown, he's after digging this hole with his stupid comments
 
Cappuccino Kid Enthusiast
Red Bull head of race strategy Will Courtenay has decided to leave the team after 14 years in the role and join McLaren as sporting director.

The move makes Courtenay the third member of Red Bull senior management to leave the team in the past five months, and is the latest development in an ongoing restructure at McLaren.

McLaren team principal Andrea Stella said: "Will's experience, professionalism and passion for motorsport make him the ideal candidate to lead our sporting function.

"We are now entering a key phase in our journey as a team, and we are confident that he will be a great addition to our strong leadership team as we strive to continue challenging for wins and championships."

Courtenay will report to racing director Randeep Singh, with the aim of "helping grow the team's sporting operations", said McLaren.

Red Bull declined to comment officially on the move, but a source at the team said: "After a long and successful service, being with the team since the Jaguar days, we are sad to see Will go but wish him all the best in this step up.
 
Tom Rising Star

Tom

Daniel Ricciardo is officially confirmed as leaving VCARB, and Liam Lawson is in for the rest of the season. All the punditry online suggests this is a test for Lawson, if he passes he'll get the Red Bull seat for 2025 (and I assume Perez will be without a seat then)
 
Previous Thread
Random Guy Random Guy 1 370
Next Thread
Cappuccino Kid Cappuccino Kid 6 659
Back
Top Bottom